About Malaysian National Shippers' Council (MNSC)
Malaysia National Shippers' Council (MNSC) was established in 1972 under the auspices of the
Economic and Social Commission of Asia Pacific (ESCAP). It was established with the objective
to look after the interest of shippers in the country in order to ensure that efficient
shipping services are provided at a fair rate.
The past MNSC Chairman:
- Y.B Dato' Mah Siew Keong - until 2004
- Y.B Ng Lip Yong - 2004 to 2008
- Y.B. Dato' Jacob Dungau Sagan - 2008 to 2013
- YBhg Dato' Soh Thian Lai, FMM Council Member - 2013 to 2015
All Chairmen were assisted by two Vice-Chairmen who are elected from the industry.
The past MNSC Secretary Generals:
- Puan Lailah Mohd Darus, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
- Mr. Mohamed Shahabar Abdul Kareem, Senior Director of the Services Sector Development Division,
Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
- Encik Abdul Samad Ibrahim, FMM Council Member
In 2015, Malaysian shippers decided to take another step in organising themselves.
Members of MNSC collectively appointed the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) as the Secretariat of MNSC.