Vision, Mission and Objectives
Advocating shippers' interest in the 21st Century.
To protect and advance the collective interests of exporters, importers,
producers and manufacturers in Malaysia in the transportation of goods.
- To secure the greatest possible cooperation between Malaysian exporters, importers,
producers and manufacturers and any other entitles concerned with the transportation of goods;
- To bring together exporters, importers, producers and manufacturers in all parts of Malaysia on a common platform for consultations on transportation problems affecting them;
- To search for more efficient systems in transport operation with a view of reducing costs;
- To seek alternative means of shipment where feasible;
- To suggest measures for the long-term improvement and development of shipping and other transport services to serve Malaysia's trade;
- To engage into such consultations and/or negotiations, as may be deemed necessary with ship owners and other with regard to the arrangements for, and the terms and conditions applicable to overseas cargo shipping;
- To do such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects; and
- To hold consultation and collaborate with other shippers councils or other regional organisations in pursuance of mutual benefits and to further the interest of Malaysian shippers.
In 2015, Malaysian shippers decided to take another step in organising themselves.
Members of MNSC collectively appointed the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) as the Secretariat of MNSC.